Focus on international business transformation and economic business development on a global scale.
He is a high-impact leader, catalyst for change, and a team builder with expertise in building and growing global business units. His diverse experience includes global technology solutions corporations, entrepreneurial, start-up organizations, boutique firms, as well as large global consulting organizations (i.e. BearingPoint, IBM Global Services Consulting Group, Digital Equipment Corporation).
Mr. Dean has tremendous international experience working with firms and executives to improve business operations on a global scale. He is highly experienced in the development of innovative business strategies challenging organizations to “re-think” the “business of doing business”.
Sampling of career projects
- For a $12 billion global manufacturing conglomerate, led the integration of sourcing and procurement process, skills, IT systems, and suppliers across one business segment comprised of over 95 separate companies with operations in the US, UK, Europe, and Asia.
- For a Fortune 50 manufacturing conglomerate, led the development of operating plans for direct-to-store delivery of units. Included integration of suppliers and IT systems worldwide with manufacturing in Brazil and Mexico and retail operations in the US and Canada. Resulted in a multi-year plan to transform business starting with retooling manufacturing operations and systems in Mexico and Brazil.
- For a worldwide manufacturer and retailer of furniture and home products, led the reengineering of their global supply chain processes and IT systems to support the opening of multiple US retail stores with products manufactured in Europe and Asia pacific.
- Led team for the creation and implementation of inbound and outbound logistics operation and IT systems for a global auto manufacturer – the first North American manufacturing operation for the company. Until this time, this company had never had to build and manage inbound international manufacturing logistics and outbound export of finished product and spare parts.
- For the world's largest technology company, reengineered their customer service function including their inventory, warehouse and transportation management business processes and IT systems. Resulted in closing half of their warehouses, restructuring their transportation operation with freight transportation companies in the United States, and exceeding customer service goals.
- For a Middle East government, I managed a project to assess the direction of specific government agency business functions in relation to other public sector and commercial businesses. Resulted in sweeping changes in the way the government manages their sourcing, procurement and supplier relationship operations and competes regionally for resources.
- Scandanavian global technology company, New Venture Unit & Company Start-up: Advisor to executive team of an international telecommunications company for the establishment of a new business unit and introduction of new product and service in US market. This resulted in the acquisition of two new customers, and the definition of sales and distribution strategies.
- Interim CEO for an international management consultancy in Chapter 11 bankruptcy resulting in two new client relationships and three times the new prospect presentations than the prior three years combined.
- Prior to the acquisition by a global technology company, Interim Senior Vice President to restructure nationwide Internet-application development and systems integration company. Resulted in the closure of 5 offices, staff reduction of over 50%, profitable fiscal year-end, and acquisition by worldwide computer hardware firm.
- London (5 years)
- Amsterdam (2 years)
In-country senior executive experience managing corporate business transformation initiatives in the following geographies:
- UK, Europe (Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Ireland)
- North America, Canada, Mexico
- South America (Brazil)
- Middle East (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Kuwait)
- South Africa
- Asia Pacific (Australia, Japan, Singapore, China, Hong Kong/Shanghai)
Mr. Dean has proudly served clients from a wide range of industries, including:
- Manufacturing (Discrete, Process, Pharmaceutical)
- High Tech
- Consumer Packaged Goods/CPG/FMCG
- Global Supply Chain
If you are interested in scheduling Mr. Dean for a subject matter expert discussion or speaking engagement please send an email with your inquiry.